Thursday, February 8, 2007

Way back when....

So I don't know when I felt the need to pick up sciccors, construction paper and glue, but when I knew my wife and I had to decorate Jemma's new room, I thought of ways to contribute. One night we were walking through downtown Portland and saw a design company that had make street signs with inverse (white) images within a colored background. After searching around the internet to purchase said art, and not finding what we invisioned, I decided to make myself. Since I realy enjoy modern art, which ultimitly became the theme of Jemma's room, cuddly animal prints where not to our liking. Utilizing Adobe Illustrator, I created square images with a whimsical font.



I then cut the images to 8x8 squares and individualy mounted them on canvas. To create a stressed look to the pictures, I embalmed the pictures with a product called Mod Podge (or watered down glue) -- I later learned the technque is also called Decoupage.



I later found out about a website called Cafepress which allows you to create T-shirts. So out of boredom to see my designs on cotton, I uploaded a few pictures.


No comments: